Monday, April 25, 2011

It's been WAY too long!






Okay, wow, it's been seven months since my last post.
Life has been busy and hectic!
Shortly before my last post, we found out that we were going to welcome a new baby girl into our family. Since, then, obviously, we have welcomed her!
Our new love is Addelyn Rose. She joined our family on 2/15. Delivery was great...she decided to bless me with an arrival during my second push...I think she made up for her brother. :)
So, needless to say, the last 10 weeks of our lives have been very busy. But, Addie is an amazing baby! She started sleeping through the night at 5 days old...I am thinking just to show up her brother who waited until he was 5 weeks old to sleep through the night...I know, we were blessed in both scenarios.
Both kids are such a joy! Jameson is an awesome big brother who is very affectionate to Addelyn, but also doesn't quiet down at all to let her nap.
So, what else have I neglected to blog over the last seven months?

Halloween...
Jameson dressed as a pirate for Halloween...and, the most adorable pirate, indeed...I'll add a picture so you can see for yourself. :)

Christmas...
All Jameson talked about for months leading up to Christmas were Santa bringing him Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. For those of you not saavvy in TMNT, they don't make them anymore. So, Santa had to go on Ebay to find them. Really, a 2 year old's Christmas present on Ebay?! Yep. And, of course, they are either hundreds of dollars new in box or they are sold in big lots of them used. Santa opted for the latter. So, J got about a dozen from Santa and was the happiest boy in the world Christmas morning!
The day after Christmas, we took him on the North Pole Experience in Northern AZ. He enjoyed the train ride to see the North Pole and Santa's visit on the ride, but I think he was a little too young...maybe we'll try again when Addie's his age and he's older. :)

What about the other Ninja Turtles, you ask? :) He has been getting the rest for potty rewards...oh, potty training..what a joy!
On November 30th, J went pee pee on the potty and was super excited about it! I thought maybe he would maintain interest and since the pediatrician said he should get it pretty easily because he is so advanced in everything else, I was excited!
Yeah, not so much. Just a week ago he went for the second time. Maybe this time he will stick with it better. April 9th, he wore his Toy Story big boy underwear and was so upset when he wet them...I think he thought he did something really terrible. So we talked about accidents and things were better. We'll see what the future holds for potty training and I'm sure I'll update on that later.

I'll add some photos to this entry to capture Christmas. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment