Monday, April 25, 2011

Addelyn's First 10 weeks






Addelyn's arrival:
So, we thought that she was going to come early...she was due on 2/14. We don't celebrate Valentine's Day and I thought that would be ironic to have a kid on a holiday that much of the US celebrates, but we don't...guess it would have given us something to celebrate. But, she waited. So, her future boyfriends will be able to get her roses and chocolates for really cheap for her birthday with all the Valentine's clearance. :)
Anyway, I regress (it's like talking to me, isn't it?). So, even the doctor thought that I would deliver 1-2 weeks early. But, she was stubborn before she even arrived, I guess...so, she fits right in with mommy, daddy and brother. The crazy back labor pains with her were awful, but once the epidural took affect it was a breeze. They broke my water at 1:05 and she was born at 1:09. Talk about a dream delivery.

At five weeks old, Addie started smiling at me and at six weeks started cooing at me! I was the first for both and, let me tell you, it's such a joy for a mommy! I can literally stare at little smiles and coos for hours! :)

At six weeks old, out of the blue, Jameson called Addie by little pet names. In the sweetest little voice, he said, "Hi cute-sy bear. My love you angel bear." That just melted my heart! He still calls her both. :)
And, on 4/2 Addie dressed in a pink outfit complete with tutu and bow and I said, "Okay Addelyn is ready to go." and hold her up and he says, kind of in awe, "She look like princess!" Again, too sweet!

What else is J up to lately?
Well, terrible twos or sibling jealousy set in when Addie was born. More challenging us with naughty behavior, not listening and back talk. But, somehow I think we will be battling this for years to come.
A couple weeks ago he was carrying his umbrella in the house and wanted to go get something upstairs. So, I asked him to leave the umbrella at the bottom of the stairs while he went up. He says, "no, my take it upstairs". (He says my instead of I for everything right now). I repeated to leave it downstairs and he says, "No, my...nevermind, what ever, Amanda!" Wow...talk about the fun attitude already. :)
Also, for the past several months he sings, "All the single babies, put hands up, up in the club." Also, "Bottoms up, bottoms up, put hands up." And, his recent addition, if you ask him if he's fly he says, "My fly like G6!" :) At least he's up on current music trends. lol

On 4/6, J referred to Addie as, "My Rockstar." lol And, one of the funniest comments, in the car on 4/9, Addelyn was crying and he says, "My ears hurt from Addelyn!" Oh, joy...I know, it's just the beginning!

And, my most recent favorite...at the dinner table this past Saturday night, I said "Jameson, you are so cute!" and he responded, "Everybody thinks my cute!" So, he's humble, too. :)

That's all for now...as if it's not enough, right? Hope you all enjoy and I'll be sure it's not seven months before my next post. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment