Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Awful Upkeep
Clearly, I have fasiled to keep my blog updated as I had planned last year. And, so, here it is over a year since I last posted. :(
A lot happens in a year, of course, especially the first year of a person's life...we celebrated Addie's first birthday in February.
She has grown into a little personality of her own. She is still the happiest baby ever and is so sweet, loving and affectionate. She idolizes her big brother.
She began walking officially on 4/29. A little later than brother who did at 12 months, but being the petitie little thing she is, it serves her quite perfect in timing.
The two kids have grown to be the best of friends even though she takes his toys and him hers. I know this will be life for the next decade or so around here. :)
Over the last year, I am sure there have been many experiences and milestones that I can't recall at the moment and unfortunately failed to record here.
In any case, we took a family trip to Disneyland last summer, Jameson's second visit and Addelyn's first. They were happy as could be there...even little Addie who spent much time hanging in a carrier on mommy's chest.
In the fall, Marc & I traveled to Chicago for a long weekend with friends to watch ASU football.
In October, we visited some of our best friends, the Wades, in Wisconsin, which was a nice week long family getaway.
Shortly after, Halloween came and we had a Ninja Turtle (Leo) and a ballerina. :)
Then, the holiday season started with Thanksgiving and of course Christmastime, my favorite time of year. Jameson was in all his glory with all things Christmas...the elf on the shelf trying to keep J listening, Christmas lists, Santa, presents, etc. The toy he wanted most was the Optimus Prime Nerf Blaster, to which Santa obliged despite the 5 and up age suggestion. Santa knows best. :)
January brought mine and Marc's 10 year wedding anniversary, which we are celebrating with a Hawaiian vacation I'll blog about post trip....hopefully in less that a year.
February was Addelyn's first birthday celebration at home with family and friends...everything was pink, red, white & hearts for the littlest love of my life.
The biggest change in Jameson's life over the last year was his starting preschool last August. His first day of school was 8/22/11. It took many months from him to adjsut in terms of being upset and crying at drop off but he loves to learn! Spanish & science are his favorite subjects at this point and he is doing very well in school.
I will add some photos of highlights over the last year. And, again, I make the (now empty feeling) promise to blog more often.
Marc, Jameson & Addelyn continue to light up my life day in and out and I am grateful beyond words for the blessings I hardly deserve.
Thanks for checking in on us.
xoxo
-A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment